domingo, 7 de agosto de 2016

The Slow Light with All India Radio - An Interview


Envolventemente a música vai adentrando a mente atualmente profundamente nos neurônios, alterando estados psíquicos de forma a fazer o ouvinte flutuar, levitar ou simplesmente esquecer o plano terrestre.

Basicamente é essa a sensação de ser submetido a "The Slow Light" décimo, sim décimo trabalho do australiano Martin Kennedy ou se você preferir, All India Radio.

Rotular a sonoridade do All India Radio é basicamente impossível, todavia ela contém elementos de trip hop, ambientações e experimentações que podem ir desde ambient a dreampop ou, talvez, nada disso, ou, tudo isso ao mesmo tempo.

O que importa na realidade é que a música do All India Radio é feita e concebida para trips mentais.

Boa viagem, literalmente.


***** Interview with All India Radio *****


Q. When did All India Radio start? Tell us about the history...
In 1998 I was tired of playing in a rock band and wanted to do something different. I heard some recordings of Indian street sounds and it inspired me to start All India Radio and record the first album 'The Inevitable.' There is no connection to Indian music...I just liked the name!

Q: Who are your influences?
Pink Floyd, Brian Eno, Harold Budd, DJ Shadow.

Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
Favourite albums of all time is difficult, but here goes:
Pink Floyd - Meddle
Brian Eno & Harold Budd - The Pearl
Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
DJ Shadow - Entroducing

Q. How do you feel playing live?
I hate it, and only do it when I absolutely have to!


Q. How do you describe All India Radio sounds?
I never know what to say when I'm asked that, so I use some of the descriptions other people have used like ‘Electronic’, ‘Chill-core’, ‘ambient’, ‘spacey downtempo music’

Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
Most songs start on a guitar, even if the guitar doesnt remain in the final song. Then I add electronic layers and any acoustic elements that are needed like drums and vocals. Then I usually leave the song
for a few months and if I still like it after that time, it stays! I usually mix while recording, so most of the hard work is done early.

Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
I don’t listen to anything new any more. I'm an old school person. Apart from the previously mentioned artists I listen to the music I grew up with including Simple Minds, Kraftwerk, Joy Division, New Order, Tangerine Dream, Miles Davis, The Necks, Robert Fripp, Cocteau Twins, Dif Juz, Midnight Oil and another side of me loves 1980s US music like REM, Husker DU, The Peplacements etc

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
Pink Floyd

Q: What are your plans for the future?
Beginning work on a new album has begun, plus some collaborations and remixes.

Q: Any parting words?
Thanks for listening!
*
*
*
Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/allindiaradiomusic
https://allindiaradio.bandcamp.com
http://www.allindiaradio.com.au/