quarta-feira, 6 de abril de 2016

See You Soon with Rayning - An Interview


Já nos primeiros acordes de Flowers, canção que abre o novo EP, See You Soon, de Gerald McKay, ou, se você preferir, Rayning, nos obriga indubitavelmente a adentrar a um peculiar universo de imagens proporcionadas pela ambientação angelical e densa da composição sonora, nos direcionando e sugerindo imensidões de nuvens, oceanos e a grandiosidade do universo.

Conexões com os prediletos Windy & Carl são sentidas na pele e na alma, mas servindo apenas como referenciais, pois o Rayning mergulha em conjunto com um universo também shoegaze mas sempre transcendental.

Música para sonhar acordado.

***** Interview with Rayning *****


Q. When did Rayning start? Tell us about the history...
1. I starting Rayning in 2011 as an outlet to create music that reflected the sounds I loved and create the sounds I wanted to hear. I had played music for a long time with bands before that but I found myself eager to create something that was entirely my own. I started my first recordings in 2011 and have been recording ever since.

Q: Who are your influences?
2. Some of the more obvious influences on my music are of course My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive, Cocteau Twins, among many others. I’m inspired by everything I hear in some way and I often find inspiration from watching films. Windy & Carl has had a big effect on the way I interact with music and I’d also consider them a big influence on Rayning.

Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
3. My top five albums of all time are:
1. whatfunlifewas - Bedhead
2. MBV - My Bloody Valentine
3. A Certain Smile, a Certain Sadness - Rocketship
4. We Will Always Be - Windy & Carl
5. Blue Screen Life - Pinback

Q. How do you feel playing live?
4. I’ve always loved performing live and I do it when I have the opportunity to. It’s difficult having to perform by myself but I’ve also collaborated with many musicians to perform my music. My next plan for Rayning is to get a full band together so I can start playing live again.


Q. How do you describe Rayning sounds?
5. I would describe the sound as dreamy, hypnotic, and loud. so yeah, basically shoegaze.

Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
6. I typically start with chords or melodies first and build the song from there. I try to record everything quickly because I rely a lot on impulses and I tend to get very excited when I start writing. I usually record everything in one session and spend months mixing and experimenting until I get the sound I want.

Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
7. Some new bands I’ve been really into are Pinkshinyultrablast, Ringo Deathstarr, cuushe, and The Stargazer Lilies to name a few.

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
8. I always thought it would be fun to do a cover of ‘Love You Down’ by INOJ.

Q: What are your plans for the future?
9. I’m hoping to get a full band together so I can start performing live again and I’m going to keep writing and recording songs.

Q: Any parting words?
10. Thanks for having me!
*
*
*
Thanks

https://rayning.bandcamp.com/