sexta-feira, 6 de março de 2015

Take It From The Man with Black Psychiatric Orchestra - An Interview


O francês Maxime Schwartz é Black Psychiatric Orchestra, e vice e versa.

Fortemente influenciado por Anton Newcombe e seu Brian Jonestown Massacre, o BSO cria trips ácidas e dormentes, para freaks e psychs sedentos por viagens e alucinações sonoras.

Ainda sem registros oficiais mas com um farto e enorme material para audição em seu soundclod, o BSO é altamente recomendado para os seguidores de BJM.

Boa viagem.

***** Interview with Black Psychiatric Orchestra *****



Q. When did Black Psychiatric Orchestra started, tell us about the history...
Black Psychiatric Orchestra is, at base, a creative project based mainly on the music, but which also includes drawing, photography, poetry, art in general. It's a project that's been a few years in my head, but that really took shape in recently. It is also an open project, which shares the same mindset that myself. For now I'm alone, but I seriously discussed with my best friend, who also made it to music, and with whom the project can become very serious, Lucas Pfeiffer, a very creative and gifted artist

(https://soundcloud.com/lucaspfeiffer).

Q: Who are your influences?
My main influence is in the Brian Jonestown Massacre, it may seem strange, but this group was able to get a message for the free and independent music, which won me over early on when I discovered the group in 2006. They managed to make albums every time different but so simple and effective. Even in the most bizarre albums, there is genius. For me, Anton Newcombe is simply a genius.

Apart from that, I admire hugely Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, they have an intense, strong and deep sound, just magical. Also groups of the 60s with The Doors primarily and ultimately the whole psychedelic wave as long as the Austin Psych Fest magnificent manages to come. Right now I listen to a lot of Post-Rock.

Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
-Brian Jonestown Massacre : Take It From The Man! (the most rock) even if I do not have a preference for a specific album, I admire them all.
-Black Rebel Motorcycle Club : Beat The Devil’s Tatoo (again I have no particular preference, they are all very good)
-This Will Destroy You : Young Mountain
-The Doors : Morrison Hotel
-The Dead Weather : Horehound

Q. How do you feel playing live?
I've never played live with this project, but I hope one day it will happen.

Q. How do you describe Black Psychiatric Orchestra sounds?
I think the Black Psychiatric Orchestra sound is a mixture of different kinds. Now, it is very difficult to really create a new sound, you have to mixtures to obtain your own sound. For BPO I think you could call it a psychedelic rock to make simple, even if there are post rock influences, experimental, etc.


Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
Everything, absolutely everything is recorded at home. In the beginning I used a lot of sound from my computer I was trying to rework, but now I try to record more and more real sounds with my microphone, real instruments.

Generally, there is a song with a good guitar melody, or poems. Then I record, then gradually after a good structure I add sounds that sometimes come to me at the time, but sticking.

Q. Which new bands do you recommended?
Sonic Jesus, La Femme, Tess Parks …

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
I have already done covers of Johnny Cash or BRMC, but I'm not a fan of covers. I think you need to know to inspire you, playing the songs you love, then you can try to see how the song works, good chord progressions etc. Or while doing covers evenings with friends is always nice. But I do not put on an album.

Q: What´s the plans for future....
For the future, I will try to produce even more, I have some music to mix that I should soon be published on soundcloud, and then try to find musicians to share this project and go on stage, I hopes one day.

Q: Any parting words?
Keep Music Evil
*
*
*
Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/theblackpsychiatricochestra
https://www.facebook.com/theblackpsychiatricochestra