quinta-feira, 17 de janeiro de 2013

We Are The Infinite by Under The Wire



Bom, o que falar a respeito de Tom Lugo, é sabido o quão valoroso e grandioso tem sido o trabalho de Tom a frente do patrimônio chamado Stellarscope, se fosse apenas isso já seria o o suficiente majestoso escrever sobre o cara, mas não rapidamente enumerando alguns outros projetos absurdos como Panophonic, ShiShi, Supertoys entre outros, fora a Patetico Records, e os eventos que Mr. Lugo esta por detrás como o grande Popnoise Festival, agora Tom nos presenteia com Under The Wire, eu diria que o novo projeto é um grande mix de todos os seus demais projetos, mezzo dream pop, mezzo shoegazer, mezzo pos punk, tem tudo isso no caldeirão sonoro do Under The Wire, que apresenta duas faixas lindas, My Death My Ballad e a soberba We are the Infinite, sinceramente escutem rapidamente e curvem-se perante o inquieto e inspirador Tom Lugo, porque se o TBTCI e Renato Malizia segue a trilha que seguem muito se deve a Tom Lugo.

Meu amigo Tom, eu concordo contigo WE ARE THE INFINITE.

Ah, sim o próprio Tom deu uma explanada completa sobre o que é o Under the Wire.

Under The Wire, by Tom Lugo
Track by Track

The History
Jason Ellis approached me about possibly doing some guitars on some music he had started working on less than a month ago.

Jason first asked me to check out We are infinite, when I heard the base track the ideas started flowing like honey and within an hour I had the guitars, lyrics, and melodies all recorded. It's the fastest I have ever recorded anything but the music inspired me. The initial title that Jason gave the track was the inspiration to write that lyrics... I wanted the emotion of it to lift the spirit.

Based on that outcome of that track we decided to work on some more songs and Jason came up with the name Under the wire for the project. I recorded guitars to several other songs in a couple of days, which I am still working lyrics and vocal melodies for.

The Songs
But just like We are infinite, once I recorded the guitars for My Death, My Ballad the lyrics started flowing... I took some personal experiences that Jason has been going through as the catalyst for the lyrics.

We hope to take the project out on the road at some point, int he mean time we are happy with the music and the reception it is getting. It is truly humbling.
*
*
*Thanks Tom