sexta-feira, 21 de dezembro de 2012

Playing With Fire with The Underground Youth - An Interview


Facilmente uma das bandas mais excitantes e sexys da atualidade, o The Underground Youth seduz a cada album, a cada música, simplesmente indispensável e soberbo é o ultimo album da banda, Delirium assim como os anteriores recria a obra de Velvet Underground, J&MC, Spacemen 3, BJM e Joy Division em uma desaceleracão que a cada acorde tornar-se ao mesmo tempo angustiante e sensual. Uma psicodelia dark lenta, desesperadoramente intensa e ardente, atrai e instiga os desejos mais secretos, Strangle Up My Mind e Silhouette são perfeitos exemplos do poder misterioso da música do Underground Youth.

As artes dos albuns traduzem em imagens a musica e minha palavras, imagine labios, olhares, maquiagens, desejos, a musica de Craig Dyer o mentor do devastador Underground Youth é tudo o que foi descrito e muito mais intensa do que estas meras palavras.

O TBTCI tinha um desejo de realizar uma entrevista com esta que é uma das melhores bandas da atualidade, e finalmente para o deleite deste que vos escreve eis que a entrevista esta abaixo, ilustrando cada palavra.

Simplesmente essencial.

***** Interview with The Underground Youth *****

                                         

Q. When did Underground Youth starts, tell us about the history...
I started writing and recording songs back in 2008.. It was all (and still is) home recording, I just compiled all the songs into albums.. It all developed from there. I never intended to play the music live, but as the interest in the music has grown the whole project has expanded.

Q: Who are your influences?
As I always say my musical influences can appear obvious, but also my love for film and cinema plays a huge part in my music and the influence I work from.

Q. Made a list of 5 albums of all time…
This changes all the time..

Bob Dylan – Blonde on Blonde
The Brian Jonestown Massacre – Bravery, Repetition and Noise
Joy Division – Unknown Pleasures
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – The Boatman’s Call
The Blue Angel Lounge – The Blue Angel Lounge

Q. How do you feel playing alive?
Overwhelmed.. I am not a ‘natural’ performer. But I feed off the music.

                               

Q. How do you describe The Underground Youth sounds?
Haunting.

Q: Tell us about the process of recording the albums?
I record on my own at home, it’s a very natural process.. I feel no pressure of time or money, I am not bound by anyone else’s opinions. If I want to wake up and record a song in the middle of the night, I can.

Q. Which new bands do you recommended?
There are so many great new bands, I guess I’ll just mention a few..

The Dead Mantra and Verbal Kint’s Gone, we recently toured with in France..

The Wands, our brothers from Copenhagen.

Any of the bands we share Fuzz Club Records with, or for an intense introduction to the beauty of the European psych scene then just check out any band featured on The Reverb Conspiracy compilation record.

Q: Which bands you love to made a cover version?
Swans.

                                  

Q: What´s the plans for future....
I’ve just finished writing the new album, I’ll start recording it next week.. I guess the release will be in spring, I’ll need to talk to the label.

Q: Any parting words?
Thank you.
*
*
*
Thanks Craig...

https://www.facebook.com/TheUndergroundYouth
http://www.theundergroundyouth.com/
http://the-underground-youth.bandcamp.com/